Prairie Winds Event Center is responsible for the sale and service of any alcoholic beverages in accordance with the State of Iowa Alcohol Beverages Division Regulations. In Compliance with state law, all alcoholic beverages must be supplied by Prairie winds Event Center. All alcoholic beverages must be served by Prairie Winds Event Center bartenders and/or staff. Event guests must be prepared to show proper and valid identifications upon request when ordering or consuming alcoholic beverages. If no ID is shown when requested, no service will be provided. Any event guest that appears to be 40 years of age or younger must be able to show proof of birth date. The following is a non-exhaustive list of policies of Prairie Winds Event Center for the use of bar services:
- The maximum length of bar service is seven (7) hours and will not be served later than 11:30pm.
- Last call for ALL events serving alcohol is 11:15PM.
- Provision of food must accompany any provision of alcohol.
- The state of Iowa prohibits the sale and consumption of alcoholic beverages to persons under the ages of 21.
- The bartender reserves the rights to refuse service to any guest for any reason.
- No alcohol may be removed from the premises and/or brought onto the premises and will result in the signee receiving a fine of $500. Bartenders, Event Staff and Prairie Winds Event Center Management have the right to confiscate any alcohol brought onto the premises from the outside.
- Prairie Winds Event Center reserves the right to suspend liquor service at any time for any reason without warning.
- Each event with bar service including alcohol requires a deposit of $150 due ten (10) days prior to event. If deposit is not received ten (10) days prior to event, beverage service will be denied. The bar deposit MUST be written out on a separate check. The deposit will be refunded to the signee within thirty (30) days following the Event only if sales exceed $750.
- Any non-alcoholic bar service requires deposit of $75, of which will be returned in full if bar sales exceed $250.
- Bar menu is subject to change without warning due to availability of product.
- Décor is not allowed on serving side of bar besides drinkware and/or bar menu.
ALL alcoholic beverages must be purchased through Prairie Winds Event Center. Any alcohol brought into the facility at any time will be disposed of or removed from the facility.
*Host Bar/Hosted Items: All hosted items require an 18% bar service fee based on the item’s price. All hosted items require a credit card on file to ensure timely payment. Please see hosted items below.
- Cash/Card Bar: All guests pay for their own drinks
- Open Bar: All Drinks are complimentary by the host for the entire evening
- Timed Open Bar: drinks are complimentary for a specific time period, such as during the social hour and dinner hour, then switching to cash bar after specified time period.
- Dollar Amount Open Bar: drinks up to a pre-determined total dollar amount are complimentary, switching to cash bar after amount reached.
- Drink Tickets: host supplies and distributes drink tickets for guests to redeem at the bar Hosted Beer and Wine: all beer and wine are complimentary by the host
- Hosted Non-alcoholic Bar: all non-alcoholic beverages are complimentary by the host. Includes option for 1 “mocktail”
- Hosted Featured Drinks: Any “featured drink” of choice complimentary by host, rest is paid by guests. For example: couple’s featured drinks are Rum/Coke and Vodka/Lemonade, of which are paid by host.
- No Bar: Bar services will not be provided. Outside alcohol is not allowed inside facility or on premises
- Liquor ($4-8): Black Velvet, Crown Royal, Crown Royal Apple, Jack Daniels, Seagram’s 7, Glenlivet 12yr Scotch, Jose Cuervo, Juarez Gold, Patron Silver, 5 O’clock Vodka, Grey Goose, Kinky, Tito’s, Bacardi Rum, Captain Morgan, Malibu, Buttershots, Peach Schnapps, Dr. McGillicuddy’s Cherry, Fireball, Root Beer Schnapps, Amaretto, 5 O’clock Gin, Tanqueray, Kahlua, Triple Sec, Southern Comfort, Maker’s Mark
- Wine ($6/glass or $20/bottle): Moscato, Pino Grigio, Cabernet, Red Blend, Champagne (bottle only)
- Domestic Beer ($4): Bud Light, Busch Light, Coors Light, Michelob Ultra, Busch N/A
- Craft Beer/Ciders/Hard Seltzers ($5) Blue Moon, Corona, Exile Ruthie,
Leinenkugel’s Summer Shandy, White Claw, Stella Artois Cidre, Mike’s Hard Lemonade, Truly Strawberry Lemonade
- Soft Drinks ($1-$2): Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Pibb Xtra, Lemonade, Red Bull, Liquid Ice
Special orders must be placed at least two (2) weeks prior to event to confirm availability.
Please request a quote for any item not currently listed on our bar menu that you would like available for your event. For all liquor additions, a required minimum of 50 drinks must be ordered during the event. If this minimum is not met, the remainder plus bar service fee will be invoiced to the client after the event.
The minimum price for all special orders is $5 per drink and may be more depending on the liquor selected.